Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 26, 2013

Ps 8:1 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth, who have set Your glory above the heavens!
:2 Out of the mouths of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, because of Your enemies, that You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
:3 When I consider Your heavens, the works of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
:4 what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?
:5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and you have crowned him with glory and honor.
:6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands: You have put all things under his feet.
:7 All sheep and oxen –even the beasts of the field,
:8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.
:9 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth!

God created the universe to show us His glory and power, but He created us as the focus of a plan designed to demonstrate His grace and love. We don’t own the world, we are only given charge over it.

Jn 10:17 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
:18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.

No one forced God to send Jesus to redeem us, He did it freely and willingly.

1 Sam 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “ Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

We tend to misunderstand each other’s behavior during stressful times because another person’s response is different than ours. We then pass judgment when they don’t respond the way we think they should. These judgments drive wedges in our relationships. We are judging them by their outward appearance not by what is happening in their heart.

Ps 138:8 The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands.

He relied on the Lord to do the work in him that needed doing.

Is 43:24 You have bought Me no sweet cane with money, nor have you satisfied Me with the fat of your sacrifices; but you have burdened Me with your sins, you have wearied Me with your iniquities.

Are we giving our all to the Lord? Or just what we don’t want?

Mt 6:25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more then clothing?

If we have received the Spirit of God, He will press through and say “Where do I fit in this relationship? In this vacation? In this movie? He will press the point until we learn to make Him our first consideration in everything we say, do or plan.

The cares of this world will choke out your relationship with God if you let them.

Mk 10:27 But Jesus looked at them and said, “ With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

Acts 17:28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, “for we are His offspring.”

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Ps 42:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.

Even though we are going through difficult times we must remember God is with us. No matter how hopeless things seem, nothing is impossible for God if it is His will.

Col 2:2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
:3 in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Is 33:6 Wisdom and knowledge will be the stability of your times, and the strength of salvation; the fear of the Lord is His treasure.

Search for deep treasure as you go through this day. You will find Him all along the way.

1 Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Is 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God, for He has clothed me with the garment of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Ps 89:15 Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! The walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.
:16 In Your name they rejoice all day long, and in Your righteousness they are exalted.

We must not be afraid to confess our sins to God. It is uncomfortable but we must not try to run away or blame someone or something else. Confess them and leave them with God. Rejoice. He has already paid the price. Receive His forgiveness.

Ps 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.
:14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; and that my soul knows very well.
:15 My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
:16 Your eyes say  my substance being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.

These were very fitting verses as my youngest daughter just gave birth on Friday to our 5th grandchild. Her first ! I know God formed this baby and has His hand on him.

God created each of us differently. He has something for each of us to do. We need to ask Him to show us what that is.


No comments: