Heb 5:11 - 14
* 11.Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
* 12.For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
* 13.For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.
* 14.But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.
In these verses we are told that we should grow up. Not remain babies or immature in our faith or spiritual life.
* 2.And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Here is a good reminder of how we do that.
2 Tim 3:16-17
* 16.All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness ;
* 17.so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
These verses tell us where we need to look for help to mature in our spiritual life.
* 17.Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another .
This verse reminds us that we need to spend time with other christians.
* 22.let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
* 23.Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful ;
* 24.and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
* 25.not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
This again talks about how we should approach the situation and how important it is to be with other christians sometimes.
*22. But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
Ah and here is what God requires us to do with what we learned above. We can't just learn it and do nothing with it. We have ALL been commissioned to spread the Word of salvation. Does that mean we should all be knocking on doors? I don't think so, though I believe some are. But God has put you in the place you are right now for a reason. He has someone He is trying to reach through you. And He has a way for you to reach that person. Have you sought God recently about who He has in your life right now that needs Him and His saving grace? Have you listened for His answer? What about when He tells you someone you really don't want to witness to for whatever reason? Is that a valid excuse to not do it? Remember Jonah?
* 22.But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
* 23.gentleness, self-control ; against such things there is no law.
If we are filled with His Spirit, we should show the fruit of His Spirit to others. And I don't think He means just to people we like or love either.
2 Tim 2:2
* 2 The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also
Here Timothy (and us) are being told to share what we have learned, in that way the people we share with can share with people we may never have contact with ourselves.
Now for a sober reminder. Just cause you were growing or maturing as a christian 1 week ago, 1 month ago, 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, doesn't mean you are maturing as a christian today. And if you are maturing as a christian today, it doesn't guarantee that you will be in a week, month, etc. It takes conscious effort to remain in the word of God. It takes a desire to please God and to learn more about Him. The devil will give you (and me) many reasons to put aside our time of study. The devil will help you to forget you want to spend time with the Savior of your soul. Only you can battle through whatever the devil presents to you to stop you from seeking time with God. What choice will you make? The easy one, or the best one?
I also added a song after this post. It blesses me, I hope it does you too.