Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers

First off Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there! May the Lord richly bless you today and throughout the next year. Mostly may He bring you closer to Him this next year. What could be a greater blessing then that?

I have one Father. He is your Father too if you are a born again believer. He will always be right there waiting for you. Do you feel far away from Him today? Then guess what? You moved not Him.

I had a biological father who I loved but was not really close to having been raised mostly on my own with my mom. I saw him now and then, and for the most part the visits were nice.

Then I had a "dad". My wonderful father-in-love, who treated me as though I was his own daughter. He showed me what it was to have a dad that even if you weren't happy with him, or agreeing with him at the moment, he was there for you. And always will be. Just like our heavenly Father. I am happy to say that my husband is the same way. No matter what, he will always be there if his children need him. He loves them just as our heavenly Father loves us. Unconditionally. Does that mean he is always happy with them or their choices? No, but then our heavenly Father is not always happy with us or our choices either. I will end this today with the prayer that everyone knows.

No comments: