Read chapters 1-7 of Esther.
1. Describe King Ahasuerus.
2. Describe Esther.
3. Do you believe there is a connection between her maturity in responding to wise counsel and her fruit of temperance? Explain. (Esther 2:10, 15, 20)
4. How does knowing the will of God (4:14) help one control one's actions?
5. In what ways did Esther model victory over self-gratification (4:11-17)?
6. How did she exemplify control over her tongue (5:1-8, 7:1-6)?
7. What actions did Esther take to ensure self control (5:1-8: 7:1-6)?
8. What benefits came from her victory?
9. How did her temperance help others?
10. Titus 2 used the example of refusing wine when setting forth temperance. Can you name other areas, besides wine, that might entangle a woman's life?
11. Why is self control a requirement for teaching others?
12. Explain how some things which are good in themselves can be bad by misuse (PR 24:13, 25:16, 27).