Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pr 31:13

Pr 31:13 She seeth wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

The next few verses can be intimidating and overwhelming. It is hard to believe that she does everything in these verses. And in verse 13 it says she does it willingly. Could that be part of her secret to getting all of it done?

Let's look at what willingly means. It is from a word meaning delight, pleasure. She enjoys caring for her family. It is not seen as a chore, but rather something she finds pleasure and satisfaction in having completed.

I know when I willingly do something it goes so much faster and easier then when I am unwillingly but do it anyway. Maybe part of it is my attitude. When I do the things like care for my home and family as God has called me to do, He is able to come alongside and give me energy and strength to do it.

I have done a study every year on this woman for many years now. And I don't ever remember picking up on the word willingly before. I just love how you can read and study the word of God over and over and He can show you something new. The word doesn't change, but hopefully I do, and I guess I wasn't ready to see that word till now.

Because she willingly works with her hands, and as we learned yesterday, her husband can safely trust her to always have his best interests in mind, he can go about the work he does knowing all is taken care of at home. How big a relief that must be for him!

I that this says she works with wool and flax. These are used to make clothing etc. Does that mean God wants us to make all the clothing for our family? I don't think that is it, but He may call some to do that. Remember back then it wasn't easy to buy clothing. But He does want us to use our time wisely and work willingly with our hands caring for our family. He gave us the family He did because He knew we were the perfect person to care for them. Whether you have a large or small family, whatever your situation, that is the one He has called you to be faithful in. Keep in mind while you are doing the things you may not always find pleasure in, who you are really doing it for. We are not really doing it for our husband or children even though they benefit, we should be doing it for the Lord cause it is what He has called us to do. I know that will give me encouragement as I do the things I would prefer in my flesh to not do today. What about you?

No comments: