Friday, September 3, 2010

Pr 31:27

Pr 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Looketh well means to keep watch.

She watches over what her children are doing. Making sure they are forming good Godly habits.

She is not idle. Idleness means sluggishness or laziness.

That doesn't mean she never has a time of rest. Just that she doesn't waste any of her time when she needs to do things the Lord has called her to do as a virtuous woman.

As an older woman, I have found over the years that if I take care of the things God has called me to do around my home, or for my family, that He multiplies the time and makes it productive. And He makes time for me to do the things I enjoy. I enjoy them more also knowing that the things I should be doing are all done.

No comments: