Friday, February 22, 2013

Communication

The more you communicate with Jesus as you go through a day, the more you walk in His ways. He wants constant communication with us. Short prayers, long prayers. But most importantly prayers from our heart.

He already knows our needs but it requires us to step out in faith to ask Him. Be careful though. Don't just go to Him all the time with a shopping list. While our needs are VERY important to Him, He wants to spend time with us in worship, and in love. He already met every need we have when He hung on that cross. He is down from there making intercessory for us. And we do need to ask for what He did on the cross to be applied to our life. (our needs) But we were made and created to fellowship with God. Think about that for a minute. Our time with Him should not just be about us and our needs/desires/wants. It should also be a time of us giving thanks for what He has already done. Don't ever forget God gave His Son for us. To DIE for us. Do you love people (or do I ) enough to do that? For sinful people? For that person who ALWAYS rubs you the wrong way? I honestly don't think I do. But God isn't finished with me yet. And He knows that as well as I do. When I start thinking I have arrived and He is finished with me and I am perfect, then I am arogant and proud. Lord help me to never be either.

Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

No comments: