Monday, May 19, 2014

5/19/2014

Ecc 7:9 Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

Phil 4:2 I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. :3 And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life. :4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say rejoice! :5 Let your gentleness be know to all men. The Lord is at hand. :6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; :7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit.

I have for the past year been hasty in anger. I have been a fool according to Ecc 7:9.

Have I known it was wrong? Yes. Did I care? Honestly most of the time no. I was hurt badly by someone close to me. And the fact that my family witnessed it and are very protective and picked up an offense for me didn't help. Don't get me wrong. I take full responsibility for my actions. But I am trying daily, sometimes moment by moment, to lay down my anger and forgive.

It isn't easy on a good day - bad days are terrible. But I will keep trying and eventually I will be able to look back at the situation with the joy that it SHOULD bring instead of the hurt. My God can do this. I have no doubt about that.

Rom 12:18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.


No comments: