Friday, May 23, 2014

Psalm 92

PS 92

Ps 92:1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High,
:2 to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night,
:3 on an instrument of ten strings, on the lute, and on the harp, with harmonious sound.
:4 For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the works of Your hands.
:5 O Lord, how great are Your works! Your thoughts are very deep,
:6 A senseless man does not know, nor does a fool understand this.
:7 When the wicked spring up like grass, and when all the workers of iniquity flourish, it is that they may be destroyed forever.
:8 But You, Lord, are on high forevermore.
:9 For behold, Your enemies O Lord, for behold Your enemies shall perish; all the wonders of iniquity shall be scattered.
:10 But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox; I have been anointed with fresh oil.
:11 My eye also has seen my desire on my enemies; my ears hear my desire on the wicked who rise up against me.
:12 The righteous flourish like a palm tree, he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
:13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.
:14 They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing,
:15 to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

This psalm reminds us that no matter our age, we can have a fresh and fruitful life. Yes me may have aches and pains, we may slow down some. But inwardly we can be renewed day by day.


2 Cor 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

No comments: