Saturday, December 20, 2014

Names


Samuel – heard of God
Benjamin – son of My right hand
Isaiah – the Lord saves
Obadiah – servant of the Lord
Nahum – comfort
Malachi – My messenger
Throughout scripture God calls us:
His treasured possessions
Ex 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.
Mal 3:17 "They shall be Mine," says the Lord of hosts, "on the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him."
People of His inheritance
Deut 4:20 But the Lord has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to be His people, an inheritance, as you are this day.
Sons of the living God
Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured or numbered. And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, "You are not My people, there it shall be said to them, You are sons of the living God."
Friend
Jn 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made know to you.
No matter your name He calls you and you beong to Him
Is 43:1 But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: "fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are Mine."

 

No comments: