Friday, May 4, 2007

God is our covering

As you have probably figured out I am going through Ps 91. Every year I revisit Ps 91 and Pr 31.

Ps 91:4 He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust; His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Deut 32:11 As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings.

Have you ever seen a mama chicken with her babies? We raised chickens for a while. She fluffs up her feathers and the babies all go under them. She appears to be sitting on them, but really they are hiding in her feathers. She will protect them with her life. God wants to protect us just as that mama hen wants to protect her babies.

Once a few years ago, I was going through a really hard time. The Lord showed me a vision if you will. It was an eagle. The eagle spread its wings and I was right there next to its heart hidden from view unless it spread its wings. The Lord showed me that He was that eagle and even though it appeared that things were out of control, He was in control and I could rest in Him and He would bring me through, and He did.

Is there something you are going through right now? Rest in Him, pray, give Him the situation, and when you are finished giving it to Him, leave it there. I know, that is the hard part. We always give it to Him, but we pick it back up on our way out. Why is that I wonder? Do we not believe He can handle it? He is faithful and just. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above anything we can imagine. Or could it be we are afraid that He won't handle it the way we want it handled? ouch. I pray if there is something in your or my life that we need/want God to handle that we will give it to Him today and leave it there.

No comments: