Monday, May 28, 2007

Know how much you can bear?

1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Ever think when you are going through something or tempted by something that you just can't do it? Or am I the only one? Sometimes when we are in the midst of the battle we feel overwhelmed. That is the time we need to raise our hearts to God, praise Him and thank Him that because He is with us and faithful, we can go through this trial or temptation and come out on the other side even stronger because of what He has brought us through.

This verse comforts me that no matter what circumstances or situation I find myself in, God won't give me more then I can bear, as long as I cling to Him.

So the answer to the title is, as much as God allows me to go through.

4 comments:

Maridee said...

I know just what you are talking about! I've been through some trials lately and God is ever faithful!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

ummm YUPPERS I do!!!! Anything different happening? I'm always a phone or e-mail away!! You know that!! Can't wait to see your other blogs girl!!!

cajunquilter said...

oh i am ok. just where the Lord had me read lol.

everything still the same.

Mere said...

Hi darlin'!
I'm home! I have those days when life seems like it's given me too much, and it's not worth living. But, the Lord keeps me going. You're in my prayers!

~Mere