Wednesday, February 6, 2008

HI

Sorry I have been missing but I have been ill for 3 weeks.

This morning I was reading in Genesis 28. You are familiar with the story. Jacob steals Esau's blessing and his mom has his dad send him off to her brother for a wife so that Esau won't kill him when his dad dies. Read what Jacob says at the end of chapter 28.

20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Did you catch what Jacob is saying? Have you noticed it before? He is saying basically, God if You do this, this and that, for ME then You will be my God. Hmmm, have you ever done that?

What if it wasn't God's will to do what Jacob wanted? Would he have stopped worshiping God? What if God doesn't do what you tell Him to do so that you will serve Him? Is that what we are doing when we say something like that?

Just some things to think about today.

Lord please help me to serve and worship You whether You do what I want You to do or not. Don't let my worship of You be based on what You will do for me but be based on what You did for me on the cross.

2 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

umm.. well.. I think I've been guilty of this too!!! but knowing the Lord vs bargaining with Him helps know that what I'm doing IS wrong.. and then I back up and change that thought process!! You just have to!!

Happywife84 said...

This was awesome!!

Are you getting your strength back?