Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Are you weary?

I was chatting on imms with a friend I met a couple of years ago on another list. It is a flylady sorta list, and I was made a moderator when one of the owners of the list died. The other owner and the one who died were best friends and she (owner now) just can't bring herself to give it up or close it, but she also can't oversee it anymore. Anyway, all that to say, this lady I chatted with this morning was a member for awhile on there. She is a Christian, and we would encourage each other some days on imms when we were marathon cleaning for holidays, etc.

So this morning she caught me to ask for prayers and she is feeling some of the same things I am but for different reasons.

I shared with her two of my favorite verses.

Is 40:30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

Is 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Now a lot of you know everything I have been facing recently. The world would tell me I have good reason to be weary. But here the word of God tells me that if I wait on the Lord, my strength shall be renewed.

Hmmm does this mean I am possibly not waiting on the Lord? Am I trying to move ahead in my own strength? Now I know none of you ever do that, but could I possibly be trying to deal with these things on my own??? Why would I do that??? I know that the Lord is bigger then any situation or circumstance. Well, maybe, just maybe even though I know that in my heart, I need to find a way to get it to my head. And no I didn't type that wrong. It is exactly what I meant to say. Cause I know that I know in my heart that God is faithful, and that He is totally in control of every situation and circumstance in my life. Now I just need to get out of the way and let God be God in these circumstances and situations. What circumstance are you dealing with that you need to give to God?

No comments: