Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ps 139

This was my reading this morning. Comments from me are put in here and there.

Ps 139:1 O LORD, You have searched me and known {me.} 2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. 3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. 4 Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all. 5 You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. 6 {Such} knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is {too} high, I cannot attain to it.

Does it amaze you as it does me that even with all the people in the world, God still takes the time to know ME and YOU this intimately?


7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

This passage reminds me that there is no place I can go that God can't see me. If I keep this in mind, I will try to resist temptation harder, won't I?


11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night," 12 Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike {to You.}

Sometimes we think if we sin in the darkness God won't see. Well this reminds us that the truth is God can see no matter what.


13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, {And} skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; 16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained {for me,} When as yet there was not one of them.

God made us! Rejoice! You are fearfully and wonderfully made. It says so right here. Don't like the way you look? Well God does. He purposely made you that way. And He purposely made me the way I am. And each of us is different. Do any of you have a WII? Did you make yourself a MII? Or do you have the computer game Zoombinis? Did you ever design your own zoombinis? Takes time and thought doesn't it? Think about it next time you think your nose is to big/small, etc. God put thought into what you look like.

He also knew what each day would hold for you before He made you. He gave you free will to chose certain times, but He knew the problems, questions, etc you would face daily. And I really believe He is cheering us on with each choice we face that we would choose the right one.


17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You. 19 O that You would slay the wicked, O God; Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed. 20 For they speak against You wickedly, And Your enemies take {Your name} in vain. 21 Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? 22 I hate them with the utmost hatred; They have become my enemies.

How precious are the thoughts of God! How do you find them out? Read His word. He left them there for us to discover. And no matter how many times I read a verse if I look hard enough I can find a new gem in it. What about you?


23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; 24 And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.

This is my prayer today Lord, search me, try me, and if You find something there You don't like, show me so that I can repent of it and change.

No comments: