Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bible Driven Life

This is the title of the 4 part series my pastor started today. He said it could also be called the God driven life. I really like that title and after the introduction today can't wait to hear what else the series holds for me.

Here are some thoughts I had while listening. Some of them are things he said that really spoke to me. Some are my thoughts as he spoke.

Now a days scriptures are posted on screens in most churches. Alot of people don't even bring bibles to church anymore. I always do cause I am one of those people that have to see it in my own bible and I like to take notes. Since alot of people aren't bringing them to church anymore they have taken them out of their vehicles. Most of those same people only opened their bibles during church so now their bibles are sitting on a shelf somewhere gathering dust. How often do you open your bible? Do you know where it is?

God's wisdom and truth are revealed in His word. We leave our bibles closed and wonder why our faith is at a low point. Why we don't feel as close to God as we did at one time in our lives. Were we in our bibles seeking truth and wisdom more then? Probably so.

Do you count on your pastor to look up things for you when you are going through stuff? Do you try to find the answer in the Word of God first? Do you feel as some do that it is his job? Have we not all been called to search the scriptures?

If we lean on God's wisdom and understanding by reading and studying His Word daily, then when we have a need the words of wisdom will come to us when we need them. You first have to bury them in your heart for them to be there.

He made the following quote, "The vigor of our spiritual life will be in exact proportion to the place held by the Bible in our life and thoughts."

Don't wait for a crisis to happen to open your bible and seek the Lord. When I was a child, that is exactly what my mom did. She never opened the bible unless she was in a desperate situation. And there were many, but I grew up thinking that the bible wasn't for every day, just when things were really bad. How sad for me. I think it is probably one of the reasons even now that I struggle with consistently studying in my bible.

If you don't bring the bible back into your every day life, no one else will do it for you.

Pr 30:5-6 Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him
:6 Add thou not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

The word of God is as stable as God sitting on the throne.

Don't add to, take away from, twist, turn, or try to make the word of God say what you want it to say. Let it say what GOD said.

Be sure and listen to the song in the post below this one. It was one of the songs we sang during praise and worship and it really touched my heart. I so want to rest in Christ, do you?

2 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

OHHHH Mercy Me... LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! LOVE that song... Word of God speak let it pour down like rain.. washing my eyes to see....

This is very true.. very true.. however our church was never that advanced.. LOL LOL.. I always had the bible there.. and like you.. I LOVED writing notes....so I could go back!!!

I have one by the computer.. and in my bedroom... I'm thinking now.. One should be on the counter in the kitchen!!

Mere said...

This was such an AMAZING post....I LOVE that song too.....I have 2 bibles and ADORE them...they are sooo useful :)