Saturday, April 6, 2013

Psalm 2


Psalm 2:1 Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
:3 Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Yheir cords from us.
:4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision.
:5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure:
:6 Yet I have set My king on My holy hill of Zion.
:7 I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to me, you are My son, today I have begotten you.
:8 Ask of Me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for your possession.
:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron; you shall dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel.
:10 Now therefore, be wise, O kings; be instructed, you judges of the earth.
:11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
:12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish in the way. When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
See verse 12? Kiss the Son? That is a show of submission to authority. We can't physically kiss Jesus right now, but we can by bowing our hearts and will to Him.

No comments: