Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Psalm 3


Psalm 3 was written while David was fleeing from his son Absalom.
Ps 3:1 Lord, how they have increased who trouble me!
Many are they who rise up against me.
:2 Many are they who say of me,
"There is no help for him in God." Selah
:3 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
:4 I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
:5 I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.
:6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me all around.

David had days just like we do. Some even worse then our worse day. His own son wanted to kill him. Not that he was angry with David, he literally wanted David dead! How horrible and heart breaking that must have been. And then we see here that people were telling him even God wouldn't help him. Sound familiar?
Ever been in a situation that even if people didn't voice God wouldn't help you, you know that was what they were thinking? We must NEVER lose sight of the fact that God is always with us. And like David if we follow God with our whole heart, He will be with us to help us and we can cry out to Him in confidence as David did, knowing He hears us and will help us if we are in His will.
God doesn't promise to change our situations, but He does promise to change us.
What type of enemies are you facing today? Personal ones trying to take over your life? Spiritual ones trying to attack your faith and confidence in God? Psalm 3 was written for you.
Just as God protected David from his attackers, He has promised to protect you and I.

No comments: