Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ps 57

Ps 57:1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by.
:2 I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me.
:3 He shall send from heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.
:4 My soul is among lions; I lie among the sons of men who are set on fire whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.
:5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth.
:6 They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down; they have dug a pit before me; into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah
:7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise.
:8 Awake, my glory! Awake, lute and harp! I will awaken the dawn.
:9 I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing to You among the nations.
:10 For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens, and Your truth unto the clouds.
:11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth.

This is headed as Prayer for Safety from Enemies.

Some of these verses are repeated in Psalm 108:1-5. David never got tired of singing some songs.

Here he repeats God's deliverance from his enemies, God's protection in trial, taking refuge in the Lord during a disaster.

Even though David was facing trial and tribulations he was not whining or complaining. He sang with great confidence in God. He was confident that God was at work in his life to fulfill His purposes.

Ever been where David was? Emotionally discouraged, wounded, alone? Did you feel God was actively working His purpose for your life?

We sometimes think God is only at work in our lives when things are going well. We forget that He will include difficulty or hardship, or want or pain. David and others God used to write the bible never forgot that.

Romans 8:28 We know that ALL things work together for good to those who love God.

God is not sitting up in heaven hoping things turn out okay. He is the One at work in every situation to bring glory to Himself and eternal good to us.

Remember that next time you are going through something and give God praise and honor.

Rick Warren said: When you realize that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in your life. Even the smallest incident has significance for your character development. Every day is an important day, and every second is a growth opportunity to deepen your character, to demonstrate love, or to depend on God. Some tests seem overwhelming, while others you don't even notice. But all of them have eternal implications.




No comments: