Thursday, November 21, 2013

Telling – Speaking Forth


Acts 5:`17 Then the high priest rose up, and all those who were with him (which is the sect of the Sadducees), and they were filled with indignation,
:18 and laid their hands on the apostles and put them in the common prison.
:19 But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said,
:20 “Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life.”

1 Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

Meekness means be gentle, mild with humbleness.

Mark 5:18 And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him.
:19 However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, “Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you.”

2 Tim 1:8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,

1 Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.

Sanctify means saint, holy, separate.

Jn 6:66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
:67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”
:68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Acts 5:32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Acts 5:38 And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing;

Acts 5:42And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Jn 5:39 You search the scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
:40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

1 Pet 4:10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
:11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things, God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jer 1:7 But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, 'I am a youth,' for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak.
:8 Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.
:9 Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.

Jn 14:24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.

Jn 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins,”

Ps 138:2 I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise You name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; for You have magnified Your word above all Your name,
:3 In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.

Mk 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Lk 4:22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph's son?”

Gracious means good, kind.

Lk 4:32 And they were astonished at His teaching, for His word was with authority.

Ps 106

Jn 12:44 Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me.
:45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.
:46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.
:47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
:48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him – the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
:49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
:50 And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.”

Matt 10:27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.
:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Tit 2:1But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine.
:11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
:12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
:14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
:15 Speak these things, exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.


No comments: