Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Fruit of the Spirit

This is what may be the first of many on this subject.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
:23 Meekness, temperance; against such there is no law.
:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth)
:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Love, joy, peace! Wow just the first three are awesome aren't they? And then the list goes on to include so much more.

How do we grow these things in our life? We crucify the flesh and live in the Spirit. Sounds easy right? NOT! Flesh doesn't like being crucified does it? And walking in the Spirit? Well flesh really doesn't like that because it has to deny some things and do others that it would rather not.

Mt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, " If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me."

Take up his cross, that shows right there it won't be easy to follow Jesus and show forth the fruit of the Spirit. But it is so worth the price.

2 comments:

Mere said...

I just feel so helpless. I want to help deb, because I see she is in pain because she is so close to MeeMee. I feel all I can do is listen to her and pray. I am fortunate enough to have all of my grandparents alive except my step-grandma. I have no idea what she is going through. MeeMee was there for Deb when her mother wasn't. My maternal grandparents are like my 2nd parents and have helped my mom (single mom) raise us. I guess besides my heartache for Deb, my biggest fear (and yes it will be here someday) is when I have to be in her shoes with my own maternal grandparents. The Lord will get me through and that road isn't easy for Deb and won't be easy for me. Thanks for listening.

Great post!! You made me smile today that the Lord has given us those fruits! I needed this! You are a blessing in my life!!

~Mere

cajunquilter said...

oh sweet mere, you are such a good friend to her. listening and praying seem like little things, but i am sure they mean alot to her.