Friday, June 8, 2007

Joy

Next on the list is joy.

We can have joy in so many things.

Our marriage should bring us joy.

Pr 5:18 Let thy fountain be blessed and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

Our children should bring us joy.

Ps 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.

Our salvation and God's love for us should bring us tremendous joy.

Ps 32:11 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous; and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

His joy is our strength.

Ne 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry: for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

We should have joy that we live in a place where we are free to worship God.

Ps 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

We should even find joy in our trials and temptations.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.

When we are persecuted because of our beliefs we should have joy.

Acts 5:41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His Name.

Our faith should bring us joy. Even in our trials we know we are not alone. Can you imagine going through some of the trials the Lord has brought you through without the knowledge that He is with you and will never leave you? That should bring you joy.

Phil 1:25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith.

This is how Romans describes the Kingdom of God.

Rom 14:17 For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

And what about this as a source of joy:

Lk 10:20 Notwithstanding in rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Now that should bring you joy today. I know it does me.

2 comments:

Mere said...

Being able to have a relationship with the Lord...and being His children brings me joy too!! This post is AWESOME!!! Keep them coming!

~Mere

FlipFlop Mom said...

I find shear JOY in our friendship... I am so blessed to have you in my life!!!! I have to back track though.. I haven't read in a couple of days due to those extra work days... I need to find Joy in that.. right?????? Ü LOVE YOU!!!