Monday, June 11, 2007

Gentleness

I hope this is clear this morning. I am really having a time with my allergies.

First off here is one definition I found - Sensitivity of disposition and kindness of behavior, founded on strength and prompted by love.

Today I am using the NKJV for scriptures.

1 Cor 4:21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness.

The verses before this, he says that some he is writing to are puffed up. He wants to come to them in love and gentleness, but first they must get right with God.

Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love.

Isn't it something how alot of times more then one fruit of the Spirit is mentioned together? That is cause they go together so well. It is one Spirit.

Phil 4:5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Here we are told to be gentle with everyone. Not just those that it is easy to be gentle with, or that our flesh wants to be gentle towards.

Well, usually whatever I am studying the Lord brings me through a situation where I get to "use" the study, I wonder what is in store for me today? :-) I do know that no matter what it is or how I feel, He will teach me something I need to learn, and that HE will bring me through it. I have His word on that.

2 comments:

Mere said...

AWESOME POST!!!

~Mere

Maridee said...

Good one Kimmy!!
Mariel