Thursday, December 6, 2007

Can you be still?

PS 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.


On the surface this looks like such an easy thing to do doesn't it? But have you ever really tried to be still? On purpose? Have you ever watched a small child who has been told to be still try really hard? Ever been told when about to have blood drawn or given a shot to be very still? Even for a moment?

I believe God knew when He told us here to be still just how hard that is for us. And I think He knew that if we do the second part, know that He is God at the same time that it would be easier. Doesn't the thought of God and Who He is bring a peace and quietness, almost a stillness to you?

He is an incredible God. His mercies are new every morning! Halleja !! Praise His wonderful Name! I don't know about you but I need new mercy daily. I need so much daily from Him. He is my everything. I can do nothing without Him.

2 comments:

i_am_4given said...

I have a problem with this, but I do try very hard to work on it.

Thanks for a great message!!

Ronnie

Mere said...

This is like the most AMAZING post EVER!! It is sooo true and sooo awesome!! You are a BLESSING :)

Love ya, Mere