Monday, December 31, 2007

The old and the new

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.

I will apologize ahead of time if I ramble.

What is a resolution? Fixedness of mind, determination that one makes

Most of the time resolutions that we make are just words. Our actions don't line up or else they don't line up for long.

Do you make resolutions or commitments?

Be careful making either cause it could be considered a vow by the Lord. And He takes vows very seriously.

Here are some vows the Lord made to us:

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know Me, from the least unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Ps 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us.

Mic 7:19 He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us: He will subdue our iniquites; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Is 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back.

Our repented for sins are washed away, never to return. So next time the devil brings back something you have repented of, tell him to get lost. The devil doesn't know the future, so he attacks us with the past. But the verses above tell me that God has wiped them out if I have truly repented of them. So no one including the devil should be allowed by me to use them against me.

So let's start the new year off right. Let's agree to fight back when the devil tries to use our past against us. Let's agree to hold each other in prayer as we do.

The word tells us in a few places that we will be attacked, we will have trials and tribulations and persecutions, but out of all of them it tells us the Lord has delivered us.

Here are a few of those for you:

2 Tim 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2 Tim 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them ALL the Lord delivered me.
Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.
:6 So that we may boldly say, the Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

No comments: