Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6, 2013

Ps 26:1 Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity. I have also trusted in the Lord, I will not slip.
:2 Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my mind and my heart.
:3 For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth. 
:4 I have not sat with idolatrous mortals, nor will I go in with hypocrites.
:5 I have hated the assembly of evildoers, and will not sit with the wicked.
:6 I will wash my hands in innocence; so I will go about Your altar, O Lord,
:7 that I many proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.
:8 Lord, I have loved the habitation of Your house, and the place where Your glory dwells.
:9 Do not gather my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloodthirsty men.
:10 In whose hands is a sinister scheme, and whose right hand is full of bribes.
:11 But as for me, I will walk in my integrity; redeem me and be merciful to me.
:12 My foot stands in an even place; in the congregations I will bless the Lord.

David speaks in his own defense here.

There comes a time in your life where you have just had enough. It's time to put aside that immature behavior, end a relationship that is compromising your commitment to the Lord, deal with an area of disobedience. No more excuses. You draw a line and aren't looking back.

That is where David found himself. He wasn't claiming to be sinless; he was claiming to be blameless. There is a difference. He wasn't claiming to be perfect. Blameless means sin is handled correctly before God and others. He was letting everyone know the whole intent of his heart was to do the will of God.

Are you done with halfhearted commitment to the Lord> are you ready to take a stand in your home, your church, with your friends?


No comments: