Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ps 28

Ps 28:1 To You I will cry, O Lord my Rok: do not be silent to me, lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.
:2 Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You, when I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.
:3 Do not take me away with the wicked and with the workers of iniquity, who speak peace to their neighbors, but evil is in their hearts.
:4 Give them according to their deeds, and according to the work of their hands; render to them what they deserve.
:5 Because they do not regard the works of the Lord, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them and not build them up.
:6 Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.
:8 The Lord is their strength, and He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
:9 Save Your people, and bless Your inheritance; shepherd them also, and bear them up forever.

Sometimes we don't listen when we should. Hubby once told me sometimes he hears what I say, but he wasn't really listening. Ever feel like the Lord hears, but isn't really listening?

Here David must have felt like he had gone to God so many times before even in the same sort of situation. He may have thought God was getting tired of it.

God doesn't ignore us. Sometimes He wants us to wait patiently. Sometimes He wants us to seek Him more. One thing is true though, God is never to distracted to give us personal attention. Even though you might not see it, God is working on your side. His timing, not ours.

We should lay our needs at His feet and trust Him to do what is best for us.

No comments: