Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pr 13, Ps 26, 1 Sam 26

Pr 13

:4 The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.

As a person who struggles with weight, the only thing I desire to be made fat is my soul. How does that happen? By feeding it with the Word of God.

Ps 26

:8 Lord, I have loved the habitation of Thy house, and the place where Thine honour dwelleth.

Do I really love where the Lord dwells? He dwells in me if I am born again. How do I take care of my body?

OUCH

1 Sam 26

:1-3 Saul goes after David again.

:4-David hears Saul is again after him

:5-8 Abishai wants to kill Saul when they find him sleeping and all of his men are also sleeping.

:9-10 David won't let him. David says Saul is the Lord's annointed and that he will die according to the Lord's plan, not by David or his men.

:11-12 David takes Saul's spear and water. No one knows as they are in a deep sleep caused by the Lord.

:13-17 David calls out to Abner once he and and his men are far off and says he didn't do his job to protect Saul. Saul hears and knows it is David.

:18-20 David asks Saul why he is again coming after him.

:21-Saul says he has sinned again and that David can return.

:22-25 David lets Saul know he has his spear and gives it back and they again part ways.

No comments: