Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pr 14, Ps 27, 1 Sam 27

Pr 14

:1 Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

I want to be a wise woman and build up my home. But you know the saying, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak? Well my flesh can usually find something else to do. Don't get me wrong, I do the usual every day things, but somethings just don't get done as often as they should. Today the Lord is speaking to me that for today, for me, this verse means my home needs a little extra attention. I need to do the dreaded DUSTING. Yes, I admit it, I don't like to dust. And I am actually sitting here sneezing just thinking about it lol. But dust I will. So all you dust bunnies, do us both a favor and hop away now while you can.

Ps 27

:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Wait on the Lord. Now that can be easy sometimes, or really hard. Just as when I am waiting at the doctor's office or at a red light. There are times when a long wait seems short, and when a short wait seems to take forever. Depends on my attitude I suppose. So today, I chose to wait patiently on the Lord. Wonder what He has in store for me? I am waiting for xray results from the doctor. Maybe that is what the wait is about today?

1 Sam 27

:1-4 David goes to Gath and Saul seeks him no more.

:5-7 David stayed in the country of the Philistines for 16 months and asked the king for some land.

:8-12 David goes out against the Philistines and destroys everyone in the area he goes to so no one can tell the king what he is doing. When asked by the king he says he went out against Israel.

No comments: