Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pr 1, Ps 18, 1 Sam 18

Pr 1
:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Lord please give me knowledge.

Ps 18
:3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Thank You Lord for saving me.

:28 For Thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.

At the end I will post a video about our candle.

1 Sam 18

:1-8 Jonathan's soul it says was knit with David's. Saul resents when the people say Saul has slain thousands and David ten thousands.

:9-14 Saul is jealous of David and trys to slay him but God protects him. The Lord's Spirit had left Saul and gone to David.

:15-20 The daughter that was supposed to marry David was given to someone else, but Saul's daughter Michal loved David.

:21-24 David is hesitant about being son-in-law to Saul

:25 Saul wants the Philistines to kill David so he doesn't have to.

:26-27 David kills 200 Philistines instead of the 100 Saul asked for.

:28-30 Saul is more afraid of David when he sees the Lord is with David.

No comments: