Friday, April 23, 2010

Pr 15, Ps 28, 1 Sam 28

I did this back on the fifteenth but never posted it.

Pr 15
:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

Lord help me to have a wise tongue.

Ps 28
:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.

I need His strength today, and everyday.

1 Sam 28

:1-2 Achish is going out to fight with Israel and wants David's help.

:3-5 Saul gathers with Israel against the Philistines and is afraid.

:6-7 He seeks the Lord, but He doesn't answer. He tells his servants to bring a woman with a familiar spirit to him. After Samuel died Saul had all the people with familiar spirits and the wizards put out of the land.

:8-11 He disguised himself and went to the woman at night. She asks if he is setting her up to die because Saul had sent them away. He tells her she will be safe and to bring Samuel to him.

:12 When Samuel comes she knows it is Saul.

:13-19 Samuel tells him that tomorrow the Lord will give Israel to the Philistines and Saul and his sons will die.

:20-25 Saul hadn't eaten and was weak. The woman feeds him and his men before they leave.

No comments: