Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pr 9, Ps 25, 1 Sam 25

Pr 9

:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Ps 25
:1 Unto Thee O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
:2 O, My God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

I LOVE that song!

:4 Shew me Thy ways, O Lord; teach me Thy paths.
:5 Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me; for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day.

Do you ever have a hard time waiting for God to speak to you about a situation, or for Him to act on a situation? I do unfortunately. But I am getting better. He is still doing a work in me praise God!

1 Sam 25

:1 Samuel dies
:2-13 David sends someone to talk to Nabal, Abigail's husband and he refuses them water and food, he is not nice about it.
:14-17 One of the servants tells Abigail how David's men protected them while they were caring for the sheep. They had previously told Nabal but he didn't care. They tell her David will be coming to deal with Nabal.
:18- 38 Nabal means fool - Abigail goes to meet David with provisions. She tells him to not take venegence and to remember her when the Lord makes him king. Ten days later the Lord takes Nabal.
:39-44 David takes Abigail as his wife. He also took Ahinoam for a wife. Saul had given David's wife Michal to someone else.

No comments: