Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pr 1, Ps 36, 2 Sam 6

Pr 1

:10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

We will be tempted, but He has given us the power to resist.

Ps 36

:7 How excellent is Thy lovingkindness O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings.

Many years ago I was riding in the back of a pickup truck. A voice kept telling me to jump out. I knew it was the devil and didn't listen. I started praying and the Lord showed me a vision of an eagle and me under its wing. It brought me peace and I know God was watching over me.

2 Sam 6

:1-5 David gathered 30,000 men and got the ark of God. They played instruments before the Lord.

:6-8 Uzzah put his hand out to straighten the ark. The anger of the Lord was directed at him and he died. David was displeased that the Lord killed him for trying to straighten it.

:9-12 David feared the Lord. He had Obededom take the ark and the Lord blessed him for having it. David heard and had the ark brought to the city of David.

:13-16 David sang and danced before the Lord. Michal saw him and despised him in her heart.

:17-23 Michal rebukes him for dancing and leaping before the Lord. He tells her he did it for the Lord and will do it again. Michal died never having a child.

No comments: