Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pr 13, Ps 42, 2 Sam 12

Pr 13

:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick, but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

Ps 42

:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

2 Sam 12

:1-7 God sends Nathan to David about his sin using a parable.

:8-13 David admits his sin.

:14-19 Nathan says the child will die, he fasted while the child was sick asking God to spare him.

:20 Once he heard the child had died, he washed, worshipped, and ate.

:21-23 The servants don't understand why now he will eat. He explains he didn't know if he kept seeking the Lord if the Lord would spare the child.

:24 He comforted Bathsheba and she bore Solomon. The Lord loved Solomon.

:25-31 Joab sent word to David of how the battle was going. David went out to meet him and captured the city.

No comments: