Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Strength in Weakness


Matt 26:36 Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go and pray over there.”
:37 And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.
:38 Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”
:39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
:40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour?
:41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Its all in Jesus but we do have a responsibility. We must deny self. Our weaknesses go into remission and then they resurface.

2 Cor 12:5 Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities.

Infirmities means weaknesses.

In my weaknesses I am strong (Christ in me).

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Rom 15:1 We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

2 cor 1:4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

2 Cor 13:4 For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you.

Heb 11:32-And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets:
:33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
:34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Ps 6:1 O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger, nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
:2 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
:3 My soul also is greatly troubled; but You, O Lord, - how long?
:4 Return, O Lord, deliver me! Oh, save me for Your mercies' sake!
:5 For in death there is no remembrance of You; in the grave who will give You thanks?

1 Cor 1:26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
:28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,

1 Cor 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God – and righteousness and sanctification and redemption -
:31 that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

Rom 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Neh 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Hab 3:19 The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills.

Joel 3:10 Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “ I am strong.”

Rev 3:8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no once can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.

Rev 3:10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the eart.



No comments: