Monday, April 21, 2008

Final Identity Theft Post

I will post my notes and then some scriptures that they handed out yesterday about identity truths. Most of my notes are about how success affects your identity.

Success can compromise who you are in your relationships with God, your spouse, even your boss.

Success can rob you of true identity. The closer you get to the top, the more you realize there is no "top". Someone will always be up ahead of you. What I mean by success robbing you, is the desire to be successful can sometimes make you into someone you are not really.

People (men and women both) are driven sometimes to appear more successful then they are to impress family, friends, even church family.

You don't have to be the best, just the best you can be at whatever you are doing. That is true success.

Are you striving for success out of love? Find people who love you for who you really are. Then they will appreciate your true success and you will have time to spend with them.

Success cannot be performance driven, it must be passion driven.

Husbands want you to respect them for who they really are, not for how much money they make.

3 steps to reclaiming your true identity.

1. Align your priorities with God's.
Ps 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

2. Use the right gauge to measure success. Your income is not a good gauge of success. Living within your means is the true gauge of success.

3. Know and understand what true success is.

Mt 11:28-30
11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

11:30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Here is the list they gave us yesterday.

Chosen John 5:16
Set apart John 17:17
Children of God John 1:12
God's wokmanship Eph 2:10
Seated with Christ Eph 2:6
Justified by Christ's blood Rm 5:1
Dearly loved Eph 3:16-19
Reunited with God 1 Cor 6:17
Secure in Him and His love Rm 8:35
Sealed by His Holy Spirit Eph 1:13
Given direct access to God Heb 10:22
Belonging to the Lord 1 Cor 6:20
We have been forgiven Eph 1:7
Full payment has been made Col 1:13-15
There is No condemnation Rom 8:1
Cleansing has been accomplished Heb 10:22
We have been given eternal life Rm 6:23
We have been made complete Col 2:10
By His wounds we are healed Is 53:5
He will complete the work He begins Phil 1:6
We have been made perfect Heb 10:14
We are newly born of an imperishable seed 1 Pt 1:23
Though once dead in sin, we are now alive in Christ Jesus Eph 2:4-5

I pray this helps you and I to realize exactly who we are in Christ Jesus and to not let anyone steal our identity in Christ.

1 comment:

Happywife84 said...

I love this! I need to come back & read this frequently!!