Thursday, April 17, 2008

Serving My Husband

Gen 2:18 And the Lord said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Mt 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

God designed me to be my husband's helper. Am I doing that?
I should not be in competition with my husband, but encouraging and supporting him.

Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better then themselves.

It is my decision whether or not I will serve my husband.

Phil 2:7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Mt 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister.
:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant.

Am I willingly serving my husband? Am I doing it with the right attitude/heart? Do I ever resent serving him? I will be honest and admit that sometimes I just don't want to serve him. Maybe he did or said something that hurt my feelings. Maybe I am upset about something he didn't do or say that I wanted him to do or say. Whatever the reason, the word says I was created to be a helpmeet to him. It is ordained by God. I can't go by my feelings and pick and choose when I will serve him. I must be doing it in order to serve my Lord and Savior if I want to do it with the right heart. Anything is easier to do even on a bad day if we are doing it for the Lord.

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

ahhhhhhhhh How come this one didn't come on MONDAY!! LOL LOL.... I never feel in competition with hubby.. PTL.. but I Have my days where I WISH I didn't have to wash his dirty socks.. YET again.. you know the ones he leaves in squished up balls!! the ones that make me RUN to the sink to wash my hands....

ahhh I know I'm blessed.... thank you for these reminders!!!