This is loosely based on some things our pastor has been sharing. I am using the scriptures and thoughts I had based on things he said.
Gen 1:26-27, 31
* 26. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness ; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
* 27. God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
* 31. God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
God looked at His creation, that includes you and I, and said not only that it was good, but that it was very good.
Have you ever been in a place where who you know you are in your heart doesn't match who you think you are in your head?
You are not who other people say or think you are. You are who GOD created you to be.
Your thumbprint and iris are unique to only you. Only God could do that!
Until we learn to love ourselves the way God loves us, we can't accept love from others or to love others.
When you give yourself over to a bad relationship, it clouds your ability to have
good ones. You begin to believe all the negative things that person says about you whether you want to or not. Otherwise you would leave that relationship. You can't see the effect it has on you while you are involved with that person.
Bitterness, anger, resentment can affect your health.
* 28. So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself ;
* 29. for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church,
When you love someone as God wants you to, He gives you eyes to see that person with.
You see them in a way no one else can see them.
Your identity also should not be caught up in how you look. God sees you as special and unique. He has created someone to love you just as He created you.
Even at your worst God says He created you to be very good.
Here are 3 things you can do to get back your identity in Christ.
1. Know what God says about you. His promises, provisions, how He sees you
2. See how God sees.
God loves His creation including you. See His work in you. You are the handiwork of God. It is one thing to look beautiful, it is another to be beautiful. You are beautiful to God.
3. Love who God loves.
You are not who you or others see on the outside but who God spoke you to be on the inside.