Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tax Day

Our taxes have been filed and the check spent for a while now. We get our W-2 by the middle of January usually, and as I was am a degreed accountant (stay home wife and mother now) I file the return immediately.

There was a time (even as an accountant) that I really didn't want to pay my taxes. Especially our state tax that for years, no matter how much we paid in during the year, we always owed them money at tax time.

Let's look and see what God has to say about taxes this morning.

Ro 13:1. Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

* 6. For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.

* 7. Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom ; fear to whom fear ; honor to whom honor.

Keep in mind when you are paying your taxes today that the government you are paying is established by God. All governments are. Even the evil dictator ones. They are accountable to God for the way they have exercised the authority which He placed in their trust. They will be judged harshly by God for whatever evil they do while in that office. God will not be mocked.

So today, if you haven't done/paid your taxes yet, do it with joy in your heart that you are obeying the Lord your God.

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

My taxes have come and go... but now I sit and await property taxes... can I still say ewwwww even if I pay them...??? LOL LOL