Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Exodus 1 -15

1:6 Joseph dies

1:8 a new king arises who doesn't know Joseph

1:13 the Egyptians make the Israelites serve them.

1:16 the midwives are told to kill the boy babies (forerunner of abortion?)

1:17 they refuse to do so

1:21 God blest the midwives because they refused

1:22 Pharoah orders boy babies killed

2:2-10 Moses is born and hidden three months, then put in basket for pharoahs daughter to find, she hires his mother to nurse him

2:11 Moses saves a Hebrew and kills an Egyptian and has to flee

2:16 Moses takes a wife, the king dies and the people cry out to God

3:2 Angel of the Lord appears as a burning bush

3:10 God tells Moses He will use him to get the people out of Egypt, Moses questions why him. God assures him He will be with him, but Moses still doubts

4:2 God gives Moses 3 signs to make the people believe

4:10 Moses continues to give excuses

4:14-17 God was angered at Moses and allows Aaron to speak for him, wonder why God still chose to send Moses, He could have just sent Aaron.

4:21 God warns Moses He will harden Pharoahs heart.

5:1-23 Pharoah makes it harder on the people

6:1-9 Because of that the people no longer wanted to listen to Moses

7:1 God warns He will harden pharoahs heart and do signs and wonders before he will let the people go so that the Egyptians will know that He is God

7:7- 11:10 all the signs and wonders, snakes from rods, water to blood, frogs, lice, flies, cattle dies, boils, hail and fire, locusts, darkness for 3 days, plague of first born. Throughout these Pharoah says he will let them go, but changes his mind after the plague ends.

Ever do that? Promise God you will do or stop doing something if xyz happens. Then when it does you go back on what you told God?

12:1 God instructs the people about passover

12:31 He finally lets them leave and they take Josephs bones with them.

13:21 Angel of Lord was pillar of cloud by day and fire by night

14:1 God tells Moses He will again harden Pharoahs heart to follow them

14:16 the red sea is divided and the people go over on dry ground, then the seas close up over the Egyptians

Chapter 15 starts with one of my favorite songs.

I will sing unto the Lord for He has triumphed gloriously, the horse and rider are thrown into the sea,
I will sing unto the Lord for He has triumphed gloriously, the horse and rider are thrown into the sea,
The Lord, my God, my strength, my song, has now become my victory.
The Lord, my God, my strength, my song, has now become my victory.

The Lord is God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him.
The Lord is God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him.

At the end of the chapter the Lord says I am the Lord that heals thee.

1 comment:

Yvette Burleigh said...

Hi Kim! Just wanted you to know that I am blessed by your insights into God's Word. Looks like we are both journalers at heart!

Hugs,
Yvette