Read 1 Samuel 1
1. From verses 1-8 describe Hannah's conflict.
She couldn't have children and Peninnah teased her. She wanted to trust God and it caused conflict within her.
2. Who was responsible for her condition?
verse 5 says the Lord had shut her womb.
3. How does God use hardships to bring blessings to our lives?
Without the hardships, we wouldn't seek God sometimes, and we would also not always recognize the blessings if we didn't have the hardship first.
4. How did Hannah first respond to her condition? (vv 6-7)
She cried and wouldn't eat
5. Can you think of a conflict in your own life that affected you in a similar way? Explain.
Last year I was having a great deal of stress over conflict within our family. Thankfully things have settled down alot and I can enjoy having all of my children living close to us again.
6. What did she finally do to overcome her bitterness? (vv 9-19)
She prayed, cried and made a vow. The priest thought she was drunk cause she was quietly pouring her heart out to the Lord. Basically she turned it all over to the Lord and was no longer sad. She allowed the Lord to carry her burden.
7. What principles can we learn from Hannah's prayer? (v 11)
8. Describe the changes in Hannah's attitude toward the Lord and toward her husband. (1:19- 2:1)
9. List some benefits that Hannah experienced as a result of her victory in dealing with her problem of barrenness. (1:27-28, 2:20-21, 3:19-21)
10. In light of 1 Sam 2:17, how do you think Hannah would have reacted at this point if she still did not conceive? Explain.
11. Apply each of the following verses to Hannah's life and to your own life.
Pr 9:10, Pr 15:33, Pr 22:4, Rev 14:7
12. Hannah voluntarily surrendered er most valuable possession to the Lord. Who benefited from this surrender and is what ways?
13. Is there something God has asked you to surrender that is not yet yielded to Him? Write out the reasons why.
Sorry I can't post more of my answers but I forgot I need to meet Stephen at the ortho this morning to bring him to school once the appt is done.
Have a blessed day.