Friday, March 6, 2009

A Woman's Role

Virtue has many synonyms. Some include: courage, strength, conformity, moral excellence and chastity.

Pr 31:10 says: Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

If virtue means all of those things I listed, is it any wonder her price is far above rubies?

As anyone who has been reading my blog or known me for awhile knows, I love revisiting the Pr 31 woman. Each year I spend time in those verses, and each year the Lord teaches me something new about her.

As women, we know we are to submit to our husbands, if we are married. But does that mean we are to be a doormat? Not according to my bible.

I am not sure where this will lead, so bare with me please lol. I am sorta studying and rambling this morning. Hopefully something useful for you (and me) will come from my rambling.

God created men and women different. We are physically different of course. But we think differently and respond differently in situations also. I say often to my daughters that are raising sons, and I have one son, that men respond with their heads usually and women with their hearts. In alot situations this is true. And alot of times consulting with our husbands can keep both of us grounded in making decisions.

If you are a working wife/mom, I salute you. You must wear even more hats all at once then stay at home moms. But stay at home moms don't have an easy life either. Just some of the hats we must wear are: cook, tutor, lover, nurse, secretary, bookkeeper, chauffeur, story reader, hug giver, kiss receiver. See I threw in the last three as encouragements and reminders that we do get some pretty good rewards especially when we have smaller children. All of my children are grown now, but I do have 4 grandchildren and two of them right now are here every day after school for a couple of hours, so I do get some hugs and kisses still.

I guess that is it for today. Still not sure where this will lead lol. Maybe to my study this year of Pr 31, but we will see.

Last night one of our grandsons, Stephen, ended up in the ER. He got hit by another boy during PE when they were playing soccor yesterday at school. He ended up with a crack by the first knuckle. So he has a nice bandaged hand till the swelling goes down and the bone heals. Always something going on around here.

Update on Alexis' knee: she had mri this week and there is still alot of bruising on the bone. The injury was so severe that it is taking longer to heal then they thought at first. So she continues with therapy and we wait for the healing to proceed. She is out of the brace and walking pretty well, but still doesn't have full range of motion.

So far today I have: mopped the living room and hall, managed to pull a muscle in my back while doing it, sigh. Jimmy came home early from work last night cause he did the same thing.

I have showered and dressed, paid bills, balanced the checkbook and did a devotional.
Now I need to: get haircut, go to grocery, have lunch with a friend and maybe go sit and knit. Oh and I need to go by our local quilt store and pick up the new bom fabric.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Yvette Burleigh said...

Girl, I just love to read your heart. It's been a while since I meditated on Proverbs 31. Reading your thoughts challenged me to go back and take a good peek. Thanks! I'm sorry to hear about your grandson's hand. I'll pray for healing to come quickly. And praise God your granddaugther's knee is still recovering and not worse than it could have been. Those little challenges in life are hard sometimes... especially when it comes to our kids and grandkids. Happy blogging!

Love,
Yvette