Monday, March 9, 2009

Purpose

God has a purpose for everything He does.

The word purpose refers to an intention, a determination, and end to be attained.

Ps 139:15-16 My substance was not hid from Thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

God knew His plan for us before birth.

There is nothing random with God.

We must come to a place where letting life happen to us is less desirable then spending the time with God in prayer and study of His word to learn His purpose for us each day.

Let's seek the Lord each day for His will and purpose for us. I don't know about you, but when I don't I can just see God laughing at me as I go about planning my day. He always has the last laugh.

Today I went with Stephen and Leslie to the orthopedic. He put him in a thumb brace and he will redo xrays in two weeks to see if the brace can come off.

1 comment:

Yvette Burleigh said...

It's amazing how we feeble humans try to plan our day without even consulting with God sometimes. As you said, we need to see what HIS will and plan for us is. We get so caught up in ourselves and thinking we know better than God. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You always bless me and inspire me.

Love,
Yvette