Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spiritual Maturity

So how can I cooperate with God while He is growing me up so to speak.

I will be using some of the same scriptures I have used the last couple of days again cause they fit so well.

First off I can believe God is working in my life even when it doesn't appear He is doing anything.

Remember Phil 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

And don't forget 2 Cor 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight:

We should keep a notebook of things we have learned so when we face that type of situation again, we will remember what happened and how God brought us through. Cause I don't know about you, but my life seems to run in patterns alot.

Heb 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

We should be patient not only with God but with our selves also. Maturing takes time whether we like it or not. Patience is not an easy thing to have in the midst of a trial is it? But it is necessary. Cause our impatience won't make it go away any sooner. But it will make the trial more difficult to go through.

James 1:4 But let patience have her perfet work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Ok, well I am off to practice patience as I deal with trials that may come my way today. I have already faced one lol. I was cleaning the shelf over my washer and dryer area and had alot of empty hangers. I stacked them up carefully (or so I thought at the time lol) and they all went sliding to the floor. So I had to pick them all up, sort them out again, and hang them back up. Took alot longer to do the job because of that. I should have realized when I was putting them someplace to stick them in the basket instead and I would have saved myself some aggravation. But alas, we learn from our mistakes don't we lol.

Be blessed today!

1 comment:

Yvette Burleigh said...

LOL! Don't ya hate when that happens? I could see you picking up all those hangers.... trying to keep a good attitude, right? Yeh... been there myself a time or two! LOL! It would be nice if we could just snap our fingers and we would all be spiritually mature perfectly in every area. But on the other hand... we need to learn what growth is all about. Great post Kim!