Thursday, March 12, 2009

Want wisdom, knowledge and understanding?

Pr 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive My words, and hide My commandments with thee:
:2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
:6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Notice in verse one, the word if? It is our choice. We must choose to receive His words. If we do verses 1-4 then we shall understand in verse 5.

So clearly God wants to give us wisdom, knowledge and understanding. But are we willing to do what it takes to receive that from Him? Just as He could have changed us into perfection at our salvation, He could give us all these things with just a thought. But He gave us a free will. And above all He wants us to choose to follow Him, choose to do His will, choose to receive all the good things He has for us. But along with those choices, He wants us to choose to not sin, choose to not turn our back on His word, choose to not let satan rob us of our joy in the Lord.

What choice will you make?

1 comment:

Yvette Burleigh said...

Amen sister! It's really all about choice, isn't it? I feel like Paul sometimes where I end up doing what I don't want to do and not do what I should. The flesh is willing, but the spirit is weak. Another key is the heart, I think. As long as our hearts are making the right choices for the Lord, then I think we will get that wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Great post!