Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pr 17, Ps 5, 1 Sam 5

Pr 17:
:1 Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, then a house full of sacrifices and strife.

My husband, as anyone who knows him will tell you, is a quiet man. Sometimes, honestly, this bothers me. But this tells me quietness is better then strife, and that is really true.

:3 The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold; but the Lord trieth the heart.

How will the Lord find your heart today? I pray He finds mine pleasing to Him.

Jer 17:10 says, The Lord searches the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.

Is there evil in your heart toward someone? The Lord will see it and He will do to you accordingly.

Ps 5:

:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with Thee.

I pray He remove any evil from me so I can dwell with Him.

1 Sam 5:

Verses 1-5 tell how the Philistines put the ark of God in with a false god Dagon. Twice when they went in Dagon was on the ground. The second time the head and arms were broken off. It scared them so much that no one went inside anymore to worship Dagon.

Verses 6-12 tell how the hand of God was against wherever tehy took the ark. He struck them with emerods. My bible translates that as tumors. The beginning of cancer?

I am learning some really interesting things during these studies. Yes I have read the bible through before, but each time I read it the Lord either reminds me of something, or teaches me something new. I love that!

No comments: