Sunday, March 14, 2010

A new study

I just began a new study that I picked up from the woman's conference at church this past weekend. It is by an associate pastor's wife. She is amazing. I love to hear her share from her heart and from the word. She does a weekly woman's bible study and I hope to be able to make most of them. Jimmy and I still share the van so if he is working I may have to miss, but she does put them up on itunes and they will be having a new website for the ladies on April 1st. I can't wait to see what that involves.

Anyway, the study has you read the chapter of Proverbs for that day, the psalms starting with Psalm one, and a chapter a day of 1 Sam.

So yesterday I read Proverbs 13, Psalm 1 and 1 Sam 1. Here are the verses I jotted down as I read those.

:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick; but when the desire cometh it is a tree of life.

:13 Whoso despiseth the Word shall be destroyed; but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

Ps 1
verse 1 tells us what not to do
verses 2-3 gives blessings if we obey
verses 4-6 gives curses if we don't obey

It is a message of separation. Separate yourself from sin.

Verse 3 was prophised over me many years ago. It says:

And he (or she) shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

1 Sam 1

verse 5 says the Lord had shut up her womb but it doesn't say why

:10 bitterness of soul - discontent

:11 she made a promise about a child she hadn't conceived, she had faith that even though she had never conceived as of yet, that it WOULD happen

:28 She followed through on her vow. How hard that must have been to leave her child with someone else to care for. She would only see him once or twice a year. Can't imagine how that must have felt.

Today I read Pr 14, Ps 2 and 1 Sam 2

14:1 Every woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

:2 He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the Lord: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth Him

I looked up perverse in the 1828 dictionary. Here is what it says.

1. Literally, turned aside; hence distorted from the right
2. obstinate in the wrong; disposed to be contrary, stubborn, untractable
3. Cross; petulant; peevish; disposed to cross and vex

ouch, ever feel contrary, stubborn, or cross?

:9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favor.

we all know verse 12
:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Ps 2
:11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling

1 Sam 2

:9 He will keep the feet of His saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by
strength shall no man prevail.

:12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the Lord.

If you keep reading you see that they did great evil in the sight of the Lord.

I wonder why Eli let them continue to serve with him?

In verse 29 the Lord deals with Eli for allowing it to continue.

Ok you are all caught up with my reading.

The study I am doing is called Fashioned by God and is really great so far.

No comments: