Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pr 18, Ps 6, 1 Sam 6

Pr 18

:6 A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.

Like to argue?

:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

This is right up there as one of my favorite verses. See the is? Present tense! Woohoo, that is for me!

:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor of the Lord.

I pray I am always a good thing for my husband and that I help him find favor with the Lord.

:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer then a brother.

I have just such a friend in Marty. I pray you have one like that also.

Ps 6

:9 The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.

God hears, receives and answers our prayers. But sometimes the answer is no.

1 Sam 6

In this chapter the Philistines return the ark. They knew it was God judging them for taking it but in the first few verses it says they put a test before God. Reminds me a little of Gideon.

When the people of God saw the ark, they called the priests to come get it. They knew not to touch it cause it was holy.

No comments: