Friday, March 19, 2010

Pr 19, Ps 7, 1 Sam 7

First off let me clear something up from yesterday. I know in Pr 18:24 that the friend is usually thought of as Jesus. I agree He is our friend and He is closer then a brother, and He will never leave you. What I was trying to get across was that I personally believe that He also wants us to have friends here in the physical that He can use to minister to us when we need a hug, a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to tell us verbally it will be ok. I just didn't want anyone to think that I didn't know of that interpretation. I sat for over 18 years under a pastor who only used the Word of God to interpret the Word of God. I am blessed to have done that. I just took a little liberty to show that we can have earthly friends and Jesus also. With that said here is what I read today.

Pr 19

:11 The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

Ok Lord, I know this is for me today and I will do my best to obey. But I may need help. Well I will definitely need help.

Ps 7

:1 O Lord my God, in Thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:

:8 The Lord shall judge the people: judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.

Are you judgmental of others? Here it says that the Lord is the judge. I know that in 1 Cor it says we will judge angels, etc. But that is once we are with the Lord. Not here, not now.

We must be very careful in this area, cause it also says that how you judge, you will be judged.

:10 My defense is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.

1 Sam 7

Chapter 7 tells how the people returned to the Lord. They got rid of the false gods and repented.

Because of this, they were able to defeat the Philistines, and take back the land they had lost.

We must be very careful about false gods. It can be things, desires, dreams, even people. God has told us to love each other, but if we put anyone ahead of God, even our spouse or children, then they are a false god to us. As mothers that is something we must be ever mindful of. Our children, especially when they are young, need us for everything. But if we begin to worship them instead of love them, there is a problem. How will we know the difference? Well first off divine order according to the Word of God is first God, then our spouse, and then our children. If you put your child or children before your spouse, there is a good chance you are putting them before God also.

There is a difference between meeting our children's physical needs and letting them run your life. If your husband wants to do or not do one thing, and your child wants to do or not do something else, what choice do you make? That would be a great indicator of who is first in the relationship between your spouse and your child. If you choose the child's preference I would seek the Lord and ask if you have made the child a false god in your life.

Just my ramblings, take them or leave them.

No comments: