Sunday, April 15, 2007

Are You Satisfied?

Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you.

2 Pet 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever Amen.

1 Pet 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.

Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God: and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
:13 For every one that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

How do we grow in God? Buy putting Him first all the time!

Ps 63:8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

Are you satisfied where you are in Christ right now? If so then you won't grow anymore. You must desire to be closer to Christ in order to grow. You decide each day whether you will spend time with the Lord or not. Now I know some will read that and say, "You have no idea what my life is like, " or "I don't have time every day to study the word." Well to that I say, no I don't but in a small way you are doing a study right now of the word. That is why I always type out the scriptures that I read. What you read here and on other blogs may be a few scriptures from God's word. What you do with that is between you and God.

If I only have time today to read the word for 5 minutes, or spend 5 minutes on here reading email or blogs, I chose the word of God. What will you choose if that is all you have today?

No comments: